Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In Progress Projects

My wrists hurt like a monkey, so I'm trying not to knit for a little while. Of course, typing on the computer doesn't really do wonders for my wrists either, but hey - whatevs. I'll type this out and then try to do some reading. Gotta catch up on my Rue Morgue magazines so I can reinstate my subscription here pretty soon. Man, I smell fresh coffee, and it smells awesome, but it is way too late for me to be drinking coffee.

OK - enough of that. So, I'm still working on the mermaid costume from New Knits on the Block. I finished the tank top part of it. Bill is making my i-cord straps, and after that I just need to sew them on and sew up the side seam. I HATE SEWING UP SEAMS AND WEAVING IN ENDS. I have like five 99% completed projects in the closet just waiting on the final touches, and I can't bring myself to do it. I think I'm going to have to enlist Bill again, because he's nice that that, and he doesn't loathe it as much as I do.

So, here is a shot of the tank top thing. I hope it is big enough. If not, I will cry for a long time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There also was a glimpse of the tail fin seen a little bit better here (I am SO trying not to bitch about my camera right now):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have also been working on a warshrag from Mason Dixon Knitting. It is made with a variegated and plain color of Sugar and Cream. I'm not really digging on the color effect, and I think next time I will go for the more contrasting colors. Bit it still looks kind of neat (even though this picture SUCKS CAUSE OF MY SUCKY CAMERA).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And lastly...when getting ready for work, I am often heard to say, "Which frigging one of you rubbed fur all over my damn shoes?!?!?!"

And the culprit is caught in action:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: