Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Need a new camera

So, howdy. My camera still sucks. What I would give to have the one I lost in Mississippi again :(

Anyway - here are some shitty, blurry pictures of my first completed pair of socks and the beginnings of Amelia's mermaid outfit from New Knits on the Block. I am using blue Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn. This part of the mermaid outfit is a tank top. I am almost finished with it, and then I will begin on the skirt/tail portion...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The scale look is accomplished by slipping several stitches every other row with the yarn in front, so there are several loose pieces of yarn that you pick up and work as one stitch several rows later. This pulls all of those loose pieces together to make a little butterfly-looking thing. Done in a staggered fashion, it makes the scaley looking stuff.

No comments: