Monday, March 26, 2007

Gatherings

So, yesterday's get together went pretty well, I think. I ended up knowing two people there. Along with the woman who started the group, I was the most advanced knitter there. It was kind of neat. I taught someone to long-tail cast on and to purl. They also inflated my ego about my sock :)

No one else had conquered the double pointed needles. Not everyone read the (neat) book, and the ones who read it didn't necessarily like it. Bummer. I thought it was awesome. For our next group, we are reading "Twilight" which is apparently about vampires. In high school, I was all about the vampire novels, but I haven't read one in like 10+ years, so we shall see. That damn book is checked out at every library, though...wonder if I shouldn't just go ahead and buy it.

Anyway - I worked on my rasta purse yesterday for the first time in like 2 months. It was a mindless knitting in the round project to bring along so I didn't screw up my socks, but I worked on the socks a little too. Every single other person at the table was making "scarves." Or, rather, they were pretty much just knitting to knit - garter stitch only. I felt like a rockstar (kind of - ok not really).

Anyway - enough of that. I have a vampire book to find, a sock to knit, some NPR stories to listen to, some leaves to drop off at the composting facility, and some pollen to inhale.

No comments: