Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Finishing and starting

I finished knitting the hat and booties I was working on. I'll post pics this weekend. I'm going to see if I can get B. to work in the ends for me, because I hate doing it, and he likes it. There are like 4,000 ends that need to be worked into the hat, and I had SO many mistakes that I had to go back and fix....and a couple that I can't fix, but they're not very obvious. I pulled out so many damn rows and dropped so many stitches that I had to go back and pick up. I used Lion Brand Micro Spun which feels awesome on the finished product, but it's slippery as hell, and it was also my first time using aluminum dpns. Probably not a good combo. My stitches were slippin' off the backs of the needles like crazy. So, now I'm working on my first pair of real socks. I'm using a pattern I got off the 'net and I'm actually also using the yarn called for in the pattern...course I bought the yarn first and then found out that there is, coincidentally, a pattern to go along.



I also need to chill on the online yarn buying. I have been buying all kinds of yarn online, and I need to CHILL, because I still have a stash of all kinds of crap in the closet that I don't know what to do with it. Need to come up with some projects for the stash yarn before I add any more to the stash, right?



Pictures to come this weekend.





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: