Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Knitting

That title is a lie...I am not doing any holiday knitting this year. Screw it - I'm just continuing to work on my own stuff. I'm finished with all my Christmas shopping - did most of it on etsy.com, and I'm really pleased with the stuff I picked out. Etsy never ceases to amaze me both in terms of the selection they have and the absolutely awesome people on there. Try feeling that good about your Wal-Mart purchases.
Right now, I'm knitting on a scarf and a pair of socks. I've been really getting into handpainted sock yarns lately. I really was only knitting in solids, because of all the crazy cabled Cookie A. patterns I'd been doing. The handpaints obscure the awesome pattern, but I've been digging around on ravelry for a while trying to find some nifty patterns for the handpaints. The pattern I'm working on at the moment is called Bellatrix. That's a Ravelry link (if you knit or crochet and you're not on there, you've been on the moon). It's mostly plain stockinette but with lots of on-purpose dropped stitches. I love dropping all those yarn over's off the needles. It keeps the pattern interesting, and it's coming along pretty quickly. The yarn is Misti Alpaca sock yarn in a really obnoxious bunch of colors - I love it. Also making a scarf out of Malabrigo silky merino DK but no time to talk about it now gotta go clean out cat boxes.

No comments: