Thursday, April 23, 2009

W.I.P. Wednesday!! (except on Thursday)

I have been working solely on my February Lady Sweater this past week. I stuck the Blooming Cotton Scarf in the closet, because I've been knitting on the move, and having a bajillion different colors of yarn doesn't work well as a travel project.

So, here is a picture of the sweater on the needles as it now stands - the sleeves are sitting on scrap yarn to go back and work later.

The color is way prettier in person that is looks in this picture which is kind of washed out because my camera sucks. I have been eyeballing digital SLR cameras lately, but jeezy peezy they cost like $600+ which I can not justify spending on a camera that I do not actually need.

I have been eating to much junk lately. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I have an insatiable appetite for buttercreme frosting. Can't get enough of it. I dream about it at night.

I have a meeting this afternoon and someone is retiring, so they have cake. I have my sights set on that corner piece covered in frosting and flowers.

And then I will feel guilty about eating it for the rest of the day.

This weekend is sure to be covered in buttercreme frosting, because Bill and I are going to experiment with making my niece a Barbie cake for her 6th birthday. If we can pull it off, she is going to FREAK. Do a quickie search of Google images or Flickr, and you will find tons of homemake Barbie cakes like this one I found on Flickr:



So anyway - frosting, knitting, cake-baking, and living life. That's what's going on my way.

No comments: